On Dec 20, we held a year-end party as a welcome party for new members (new undergraduate students and Ms. Myat Hsu Aung) and also as the farewell party for Dr. Boonserm Kaewkamnerdpong.
On 14th Dec. 2016, Mr Dabwitso Kasauka presented the following work at Asia-Pacific Signal and Information Processing Association (APSIPA) Annual Summit and Conference (ASC) 2016, which was held at Jeju, South Korea from 13th to 16th, 2016.
- Dabwitso Kasauka, Hiroshi Tsutsui, Seijiro Imai, Takashi Imagawa, Hiroyuki Okuhata, Yoshikazu Miyanaga, “Image Smoothing in the Spatial Domain Using Multigrid Conjugate Gradient Methods Based on Accelerated Iterative Shrinkage,” Asia-Pacific Signal and Information Processing Association Annual Summit and Conference (APSIPA ASC), Dec. 2016.
In 2017 and 2018, APSIPA ASC will be held in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia and Hawaii USA, respectively. As for APSIPA ASC 2016, please refer APSIPA ASC 2017 Web Site for the details such as important dates.
Lab tour is available for 3rd year undergraduate students.
- Place: IST Building 11th floor 11-13
(Laboratory of Information Communication Networks)
- Schedule: In the following time slots, M1 students will be available for introducing our laboratory.
- Nov. 16 (Wed) 16:30-18:00
- Nov. 17 (Thu) 16:30-18:00
- Nov. 18 (Fri) 16:30-18:00
- Nov. 21 (Mon) 16:30-18:00
IST Building 11F
Mr. Ikeshita presented his paper at Joint Convention Record, the Hokkaido Chapters of the Institutes of Electrical and Information Engineers, Japan, which was held at Hokkai-Gakuen University on Nov. 5th-6th. In this paper, we reduced the amount of memory and operation of a FPU-based matrix inversion circuit for MIMO-OFDM demodulation. The circuit has the scalability in the target matrix size and the number of FPUs. This paper evaluated the circuit area and the processing cycle count.
- Takahiro Ikeshita, Takashi Imagawa, Hiroshi Tsutsui, Yoshikazu Miyanaga, “An FPU-based hardware implementation of Gauss-Jordan matrix inversion operation for
MIMO-OFDM demodulation,” Joint Convention Record, the Hokkaido Chapters of the Institutes of Electrical and Information Engineers, Japan, Nov. 2016
A student exchange meeting was held during this workshop. Students of each university made presentations about their university, research activity and student activity. Mr. Uesaka who is the chair of IEEE student branch at Hokkaido university introduced the activity of the student branch.
At 2016 International Symposium on Intelligent Signal Processing and Communication Systems (ISPACS 2016) held at Phuket, Thailand on Oct. 24-27, Prof. Alia and Mr. Imai presented the following papers.
- Alia Asheralieva, Yoshikazu Miyanaga, “Multi-Agent Q-Learning for Autonomous D2D Communication,” Proceedings of International Symposium on Intelligent Signal Processing and Communication Systems (ISPACS), Oct. 2016.
- Seijiro Imai, Dabwitso Kasauka, Hiroshi Tsutsui, Takashi Imagawa, Hiroyuki Okuhata, Yoshikazu Miyanaga, “Processing Time Reduction of Tone Mapping Based on Iterative Shrinkage Smoothing Using Parallel Processing,” Proceedings of International Symposium on Intelligent Signal Processing and Communication Systems (ISPACS), Oct. 2016.
In Regional Conference on Computer and Information Engineering (RCCIE 2016) held at Yangon Technological University on 3-4 Oct, Prof. Miyanaga presented the following invited speech.
- Yoshikazu Miyanaga, “Robust Speech Recognition with New Time-Varying Speech Features,” Regional Conference on Computer and Information Engineering (RCCIE 2016), Oct. 2016.
On Sep. 27, introduction of our division for freshmen was held at “Institute for the Advancement of Higher Education”. Many freshmen visited our booth.
Mr. George Mufungulwa and Mr. Kenta Sugiyama presented our research achievements at IEICE Society Conference 2016 held in Hokkaido University. Some students of our laboratory joined the conference as staffs.
- George Mufungulwa, Hiroshi Tsutsui, Alia Asheralieva, Yoshikazu Miyanaga, “Robust Speech Recognition using MFCC with Triangular Mel Filtered Time Varying LPC,” IEICE Society Conference, A-15-10, Sep. 2016.
- Kenta Sugiyama, Takashi Imagawa, Hiroshi Tsutsui, Yoshikazu Miyanaga, “An Evaluation of Haze Removal Method Using Variational Model Based Transmission Map Estimation,” IEICE Society Conference, A-15-18, Sep. 2016 (in Japanese).
Mr. Hiroki Uesaka made a poster presentation entitled “An Accuracy Evaluation of Motion-Compensated Frame Interpolation Using High-Resolution Video and High-Frame-Rate Video” at Hokkaido University Engineering Innovation Forum 2016 (Hokuyukai alma mater networking event).