Today, we participated “Campus Clean Day” of Hokkaido University. This event originally scheduled on May 9 but postponed to May 18 due to weather condition.
At the 30th Workshop on Circuits and Systems, which was held in May 10th to 11th at Kitakyushu International Conference Center, Mr. Kenta Sugiyama presented the following paper.
- Kenta Sugiyama, Takashi Imagawa, Hiroshi Tsutsui, Yoshikazu Miyanaga, “An Evaluation of Atmospheric Light Estimation in Haze Removal Method Using Variational Model Based Transmission Map Estimation,” Proceedings of Workshop on Circuits and Systems, pp. 57-60, May. 2017 (in Japanese).
Assoc. Prof. Tsutsui received IEICE System and Signal Processing Subsociety Contribution Award for contribution as one of the Workshop on Circuits and Systems Directors. The ceremony was held at the banquet venue of the 30th Workshop on Circuits and Systems, which was held at RIHGA Royal Hotel Kokura, Kitakyushu.
On May 9, welcome party for new undergraduate students who joined to our Media and Network Technologies Course was held. From our laboratory, Dr. Hiroshi Tsutsui and B4 students attended the party.
On Apr 25, we enjoyed a welcome party for laboratory new members, Ms. Jiayue Tang and Ms. Natalia Olegovna Kudrina.
Dr. Takashi Imagawa promoted to an assistant professor of Integrated Systems Laboratory, Department of Computer Science, College of Information Science and Engineering, Ritsumeikan University. He was with our laboratory from May 2015 to Mar 2017 as a postdoctoral research fellow.
On 23 Mar, we had a farewell party.
On Mar 23, the degree conferral ceremony of Course/Division of Media Network Technologies was held. Graduation celebration party was also held at 11-17, IST Building. The following is the list of given degrees for each. The following master students will leave our laboratory. I look forward to seeing you again in the future. Please accept my best wishes for your continued success.
- Master, Hikaru Aoki
- Master, Seijiro Imai
- Master, Hiroki Uesaka
- Master, Shingo Kokami
- Master, Wenheng Zhang
- Master, Licheng Rao
- Master, Yang Li
- Bachelor, So Tsuyuguchi
- Bachelor, Tatsuya Nakagoshi
- Bachelor, Kentaro Yamada
- Bachelor, Taishi Watanabe
On Mar 2, Prof. Yumi Takizawa and Prof. Fukasawa Atsushi from Institute of Statistical Mathematics visited our laboratory. The professors made a lecture entitled “New Neuron Models Based on Applied Mathematics” for us.
On Feb. 24, four undergraduate students made presentation of the following bachelor’s theses.
- Kentaro Yamada, An Evaluation of Foreground Extraction Using GrabCut Image Segmentation Cued by Background Subtraction Results, Department of Electronics and Information Engineering, Hokkaido University, Bachelor’s Thesis, Feb. 2017.
- So Tsuyuguchi, A Feasibility Study Towards Adaptive Block-Based Lossless Compression Method for Memory Bandwidth Reduction, Department of Electronics and Information Engineering, Hokkaido University, Bachelor’s Thesis, Feb. 2017.
- Tatsuya Nakagoshi, A Study of Robust Speech Recognition Using Running Spectrum Analysis, Department of Electronics and Information Engineering, Hokkaido University, Bachelor’s Thesis, Feb. 2017.
- Taishi Watanabe, A Hardware Implementation of LDPC Decoder Processing Two Code Words in Parallel, Department of Electronics and Information Engineering, Hokkaido University, Bachelor’s Thesis, Feb. 2017.