On Dec 26 (Tuesday), we held a Lab’s year-end party also welcoming four new members (Mr. Tomotaka Kawabata, Mr. Atsuki Kuriyama, Mr. Takuto Fukusaki, and Mr.Haruki Inaba).
In the next Japanese fiscal year, three lecture courses related to our laboratory will be available as follows in Hokkaido Summer Institute (HSI).
As for the details of Hokkaido Summer Institute, please check the following pages.
Tuition fee of these lectures for Hokkaido University students is free. Hokkaido University students can make registrations for these lectures during class registration period in April. The application period for other attendees is February 1, 2018 (Thursday) – February 28 (Wednesday). For the defailts, please check http://hokkaidosummerinstitute.oia.hokudai.ac.jp/.
On Oct 31, we enjoyed a welcome party for laboratory new members, Associate Professor Matteo Convertino and Mr. Tian Yu.
Lab tour is available for 3rd-year undergraduate students.
- Venue: IST Building 11th floor 11-13
(Laboratory of Information Communication Networks)
- Schedule: In the following time slots, M1 students are available for introducing our laboratory. The representatives of M1 students are Mr. Nakagoshi and Mr. Watanabe. We welcome your visit not limited to the following time slots.
- Nov. 8 (Wed) 16:30-18:00
- Nov. 9 (Thu) 16:30-18:00
- Nov. 10(Fri) 16:30-18:00 ← NEW!
- Nov. 13 (Mon) 16:30-18:00
The time slots of Wed and Thu overwrap the time of MN experiment II. Please come only if you completed your experiment task and you have time.
IST Building 11F (the top floor)
Mr. Watanabe presented his paper at 2017 Joint Convention, the Hokkaido Chapters of the Institutes of Electrical and Information Engineers, which was held at Future University Hakodate on Oct 28th-28th. In this paper, we presented an implementation approach to avoid memory conflicts of parallel processing to realize high throughput LDPC decoding.
- Taishi Watanabe, Takahiro Ikeshita, Hiroshi Tsutsui, Takashi Imagawa, Yoshikazu Miyanaga, “A Design of High-Throughput LDPC Min-Sum Decoder Using Parallelization,” Joint Conference of Electrical, Electronics and Information Engineers in Hokkaido, pp. 102-103, Oct. 2017 (in Japanese).
A student exchange meeting was held during this convention. Students of each university made presentations about their university, research activity, and student activity. Mr. Watanabe who is the member of IEEE student branch at Hokkaido university introduced the activity of the student branch.
On Oct 20, IEICE Chugoku Section Special Workshop was held at Muroran Institute of Technology. The workshop topic is Trend of Communication Technology and Future Prospect, where Associate Professor Tsutsui gave a lecture.
Matteo Convertino has joined Information Communication Network Laboratory as an associate professor.
On Sep. 26, introduction of our division for freshmen was held at “Institute for the Advancement of Higher Education”. Many freshmen visited our booth.
In 2017 International Workshop on Smart Info-Media Systems in Asia (SISA 2017) held at Kyushu Institute of Information Sciences, Dazaifu, Fukuoka, Japan, Prof. Yoshikazu Miyanaga gave one of keynote speeches. In the workshop, Ms. Myat Hsu Aung and Mr. Xiaonan Jiang presented our research achievements. The next SISA, SISA 2018, will be held at Inner Mongolia University of Technology, China, on Sep. 5 to 7, 2018.
- Yoshikazu Miyanaga, “A Communication ROBOT with Noise Robust Speech Recognition,” International Workshop on Smart Info-Media Systems in Asia (SISA), Sep. 2017. [Keynote Speech]
- Xiaonan Jiang, Tatsuya Nakagoshi, Noboru Hayasaka, Hiroshi Tsutsui, Yoshikazu Miyanaga, “An Evaluation of Phrase Rejection Using K-means Clustering for Robust Speech Recognition,” Proceedings of International Workshop on Smart Info-Media Systems in Asia (SISA), pp. 154-157, Sep. 2017.
- Myat Hsu Aung, Hiroshi Tsutsui, Yoshikazu Miyanaga, “An Accuracy Evaluation of WiFi Based Indoor Positioning System Using Estimated Reference Locations,” Proceedings of International Workshop on Smart Info-Media Systems in Asia (SISA), pp. 321-326, Sep. 2017.
ICN Lab services including web service will be temporarily suspended due to the planned power outage in Sapporo Campus of Hokkaido University.
Period: Sep 2 2017 16:00 – Sep 4 2017 10:00