On 11th May, we invited Dr. Nikos Kopidakis, Ms. Yoko Kaitani (Both from Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia) for a lecture about Macquarie University focusing on their cotutelle and double degree programs.
From Rajamangala University of Technology Thanyaburi, Thailand, Prof. Keeratiburt Kanchanasatian and Prof. Chutima Prasartkaew are visiting our laboratory.
Dr. Ying He and Dr. Negin Shariati Moghadam from University of Technology Sydney (UTS) are now visiting our university. On Feb. 27, we had a technical meeting with them. The following students made their presentations to introduce our research activities.
- D2 Myat Hsu Aung
- JICA Trainee Ei Ei Tun
On Feb. 19, four undergraduate students made presentations of the following bachelor’s theses.
- Mariko Hirayama, An Evaluation of Symbol Synchronization with Measured Data Using Eye-pattern Based Offset Detection and Mueller-Muller Timing Recovery, Department of Electronics and Information Engineering, Hokkaido University, Bachelor’s Thesis, Feb. 2018.
- Yunako Katagishi, A Feasibility Study of Side Information Compression Approach for Adaptive Block Based Lossless Compression Method, Department of Electronics and Information Engineering, Hokkaido University, Bachelor’s Thesis, Feb. 2018.
- Riku Takanashi, A Design of Neural Network for Speech Emotion Recognition Using Phoneme Information and Fundamental Frequency, Department of Electronics and Information Engineering, Hokkaido University, Bachelor’s Thesis, Feb. 2018.
- Mayuka Gomi, Screen Area Detection from Presentation Video Sequences Acquired by Action Camcorders and Its Distortion Correction Using Affine Transformation, Department of Electronics and Information Engineering, Hokkaido University, Bachelor’s Thesis, Feb. 2018.
On Feb. 6, the master’s thesis defense in Division of Media and Network Technologies was held. From our laboratory, the following master theses were presented.
- Takahiro Ikeshita, Low Complexity Maximum Likelihood Estimation Detection Method in MIMO Detection for MIMO-OFDM Communication Hardware, Division of Media and Network Technologies, Hokkaido University, Master’s Thesis, Feb. 2018.
- Kenta Sugiyama, Hardware Implementation of Haze Removal Method Using Variational Model Based Transmission Map Estimation, Division of Media and Network Technologies, Hokkaido University, Master’s Thesis, Feb. 2018.
The following paper by Prof. Matteo Convertino is now available online.
- Joseph L. Servadio, Matteo Convertino, “Optimal information networks: Application for data-driven integrated health in populations,” Science Advances, Vol. 4, No. 2, Feb. 2018.
For the defailts, see the following.
In the next Japanese fiscal year, three lecture courses related to our laboratory will be available as follows in Hokkaido Summer Institute (HSI).
As for the details of Hokkaido Summer Institute, please check the following pages.
Tuition fee of these lectures for Hokkaido University students is free. Hokkaido University students can make registrations for these lectures during class registration period in April. The application period for other attendees is February 1, 2018 (Thursday) – February 28 (Wednesday). For the defailts, please check http://hokkaidosummerinstitute.oia.hokudai.ac.jp/.
Lab tour is available for 3rd-year undergraduate students.
- Venue: IST Building 11th floor 11-13
(Laboratory of Information Communication Networks)
- Schedule: In the following time slots, M1 students are available for introducing our laboratory. The representatives of M1 students are Mr. Nakagoshi and Mr. Watanabe. We welcome your visit not limited to the following time slots.
- Nov. 8 (Wed) 16:30-18:00
- Nov. 9 (Thu) 16:30-18:00
- Nov. 10(Fri) 16:30-18:00 ← NEW!
- Nov. 13 (Mon) 16:30-18:00
The time slots of Wed and Thu overwrap the time of MN experiment II. Please come only if you completed your experiment task and you have time.
IST Building 11F (the top floor)
On Oct 20, IEICE Chugoku Section Special Workshop was held at Muroran Institute of Technology. The workshop topic is Trend of Communication Technology and Future Prospect, where Associate Professor Tsutsui gave a lecture.
Matteo Convertino has joined Information Communication Network Laboratory as an associate professor.