Mr. Kumaki presented his research in a hybrid online format at the January 2023 Wireless Communication Systems Workshop held at Maebashi Terrsa (Maebashi, Gunma) on January 24-25. This presentation is a fundamental study on decoding of short code length Polar codes using neural networks.
- Reona Kumaki, Hiroshi Tsutsui, Takeo Ohgane, “A Fundamental Study on Decoding Short Length Polar Codes by Deep Learning,” IEICE Technical Report, Vol. 122, No. 357(RCS), pp. 132-135, IT2022-52, SIP2022-103, RCS2022-231, 24-25 Jan. 2023 (in Japanese).
His presentation won the IEICE RCS Presentation Award for Young Researcher.
An award ceremony for the Young Researcher Excellent Paper Presentation Award was conducted with the year-end and welcome party. The award certificate and 10,000 yen in cash as a supplementary prize were presented to Mr. Yasugi.
Ei Ei Tun was awarded ICEAST 2018 Best Paper Award for the following paper.
- Ei Ei Tun, Supavadee Aramvith, Yoshikazu Miyanaga, “Feature Reduction on Fuzzy SVM-Based Coding Unit Decision in HEVC,” Proceedings of International Conference on Engineering, Applied Sciences and Technology (ICEAST 2018), pp. 999-1002, Track 4 (Telecommunications, Computer Science, Instrumentation and Control, Electrical and Electronic Engineering), Jul. 2018.
Assoc. Prof. Tsutsui received IEICE System and Signal Processing Subsociety Contribution Award for contribution as one of the Workshop on Circuits and Systems Directors. The ceremony was held at the banquet venue of the 30th Workshop on Circuits and Systems, which was held at RIHGA Royal Hotel Kokura, Kitakyushu.
Assoc. Prof. Tsutsui received IEICE ESS Contribution Award (Society Steering) for contribution as Director, Service Activities, IEICE-ESS. The ceremony was held at the IEICE Society Conference, which was held at Hokkaido University.
On Sep. 25, Mr. Dabwitso Kasauka received the dean award as well as his master degree certificate.
http://www.ist.hokudai.ac.jp/news/n1512.html (in Japanese).
Mr. Masahito Umehara was awarded SISA Best Student Paper Award for the following paper.
- Masahito Umehara, Hiroshi Tsutsui, Yoshikazu Miyanaga, “An Approach of Doppler-Tolerant Channel Estimation Using RLS Algorithm for MIMO-OFDM Systems,” Proceedings of International Workshop on Smart Info-Media Systems in Asia (SISA), pp. 197-202, Oct. 2014.
Assoc. Prof. Tsutsui received IEICE ESS Contribution Award (Technical Committee Steering) for contribution on the activities and operations of Smart Info-Media System Technical Committee. The ceremony was held at the Society Conference, which was held in the University of Tokushima.
The following paper presented in the last year’s ITC-CSCC (2013) won a best paper award.
- Shinya Matsuda, Takashi Imagawa, Hiroshi Tsutsui, Takashi Sato, Yukihiro Nakamura, Hiroyuki Ochi, “Architecture for Sealed Wafer-scale Mask ROM for Long-term Digital Data Preservation,” The 28th International Technical Conference on Circuits/Systems, Computers and Communications (ITC-CSCC), pp. 274-277, Jun. 2013.
Related page: Processor Architecture and Systems Synthesis Laboratory (Kyoto University)
The following paper, where Assoc. Prof. Tsutsui is a co-author, received SASIMI 2013 Outstanding Paper Award. Workshop on Synthesis And System Integration of Mixed Information technologies (SASIMI2013) was held at Hotel Sapporo Garden Palace on Oct. 21st and 22nd, 2013. The first author of the paper, Mr. Imagawa from Kyoto University, received the award at the SASIMI 2013 banquet. The next SASIMI will be held in Taiwan.
- Takashi Imagawa, Masayuki Hiromoto, Hiroshi Tsutsui, Hiroyuki Ochi, and Takashi Sato, “Place-and-Route Algorithms for a Reliability-Oriented Coarse-Grained Reconfigurable Architecture using Time Redundancy,” in Proc. of the 18th Workshop on Synthesis And System Integration of Mixed Information technologies (SASIMI2013), Oct. 2013.