An award ceremony for the Young Researcher Excellent Paper Presentation Award was conducted with the year-end and welcome party. The award certificate and 10,000 yen in cash as a supplementary prize were presented to Mr. Yasugi.
Ei Ei Tun was awarded ICEAST 2018 Best Paper Award for the following paper.
- Ei Ei Tun, Supavadee Aramvith, Yoshikazu Miyanaga, “Feature Reduction on Fuzzy SVM-Based Coding Unit Decision in HEVC,” Proceedings of International Conference on Engineering, Applied Sciences and Technology (ICEAST 2018), pp. 999-1002, Track 4 (Telecommunications, Computer Science, Instrumentation and Control, Electrical and Electronic Engineering), Jul. 2018.
Taishi Watanabe was awarded as 2017 IEEE Sapporo Section Student Paper Contest, Encouraging Prize the following paper.
- Taishi Watanabe, Takahiro Ikeshita, Hiroshi Tsutsui, Takashi Imagawa, Yoshikazu Miyanaga, “A Design of High-Throughput LDPC Min-Sum Decoder Using Parallelization,” Joint Conference of Electrical, Electronics and Information Engineers in Hokkaido, pp. 102-103, Oct. 2017 (in Japanese).
Assoc. Prof. Tsutsui received IEICE System and Signal Processing Subsociety Contribution Award for contribution as one of the Workshop on Circuits and Systems Directors. The ceremony was held at the banquet venue of the 30th Workshop on Circuits and Systems, which was held at RIHGA Royal Hotel Kokura, Kitakyushu.
Assoc. Prof. Tsutsui received IEICE ESS Contribution Award (Society Steering) for contribution as Director, Service Activities, IEICE-ESS. The ceremony was held at the IEICE Society Conference, which was held at Hokkaido University.
Mr. Seijiro Imai won IEICE Young Researcher’s Award for the following presentation at IEICE Society Conference. The award ceremony was held on Mar. 17 during IEICE General Conference at Kyushu University Ito Campus.
- Seijiro Imai, Dabwitso Kasauka, Takashi Imagawa, Hiroshi Tsutsui, Hiroyuki Okuhata, Yoshikazu Miyanaga, “Computational Cost Reduction of Iterative Shrinkage Smoothing Based Image Enhancement,” IEICE Society Conference, p. 144, A-20-4, Sep. 2015 (in Japanese).
Mr. Aoki, a 2nd-year master student, won one of the best presentation awards at IEICE Hokkaido Section Student Council Internet Symposium 2016 for the following presentation.
- Hikaru Aoki, Takashi Imagawa, Hiroshi Tsutsui, Yoshikazu Miyanaga, “An Evaluation of Data Traffic Reduction for 3D Reconstruction Using a Wireless Network Camera System,” Proceedings of IEICE Hokkaido Section Student Council Internet Symposium, Feb. 2016 (in Japanese).
On Sep. 25, Mr. Dabwitso Kasauka received the dean award as well as his master degree certificate.
http://www.ist.hokudai.ac.jp/news/n1512.html (in Japanese).
Mr. Masahito Umehara was awarded SISA Best Student Paper Award for the following paper.
- Masahito Umehara, Hiroshi Tsutsui, Yoshikazu Miyanaga, “An Approach of Doppler-Tolerant Channel Estimation Using RLS Algorithm for MIMO-OFDM Systems,” Proceedings of International Workshop on Smart Info-Media Systems in Asia (SISA), pp. 197-202, Oct. 2014.