Mr. Hirai and Mr. Kumaki won one of the best presentation awards at IEICE Hokkaido Section Student Council Internet Symposium 2023 for the following presentation.
- Kota Hirai, Hiroshi Tsutsui, Takeo Ohgane, “A Feasibility Study on Power Consumption Reduction of IoT Devices for Environmental Monitoring Systems Based on Long Sensing Intervals and Its Prototype Evaluation,” IEICE Hokkaido Section Student Council Internet Symposium, Feb. 2023 (in Japanese).
- Reona Kumaki, Hiroshi Tsutsui, Takeo Ohgane, “A Structure Parameter Comparison of Fully Connected Neural Networks for Decoding Short Length Polar Codes,” IEICE Hokkaido Section Student Council Internet Symposium, Feb. 2023 (in Japanese).
Mr. Kumaki presented his research in a hybrid online format at the January 2023 Wireless Communication Systems Workshop held at Maebashi Terrsa (Maebashi, Gunma) on January 24-25. This presentation is a fundamental study on decoding of short code length Polar codes using neural networks.
- Reona Kumaki, Hiroshi Tsutsui, Takeo Ohgane, “A Fundamental Study on Decoding Short Length Polar Codes by Deep Learning,” IEICE Technical Report, Vol. 122, No. 357(RCS), pp. 132-135, IT2022-52, SIP2022-103, RCS2022-231, 24-25 Jan. 2023 (in Japanese).
His presentation won the IEICE RCS Presentation Award for Young Researcher.
An award ceremony for the Young Researcher Excellent Paper Presentation Award was conducted with the year-end and welcome party. The award certificate and 10,000 yen in cash as a supplementary prize were presented to Mr. Yasugi.
Ei Ei Tun was awarded ICEAST 2018 Best Paper Award for the following paper.
- Ei Ei Tun, Supavadee Aramvith, Yoshikazu Miyanaga, “Feature Reduction on Fuzzy SVM-Based Coding Unit Decision in HEVC,” Proceedings of International Conference on Engineering, Applied Sciences and Technology (ICEAST 2018), pp. 999-1002, Track 4 (Telecommunications, Computer Science, Instrumentation and Control, Electrical and Electronic Engineering), Jul. 2018.
Taishi Watanabe was awarded as 2017 IEEE Sapporo Section Student Paper Contest, Encouraging Prize the following paper.
- Taishi Watanabe, Takahiro Ikeshita, Hiroshi Tsutsui, Takashi Imagawa, Yoshikazu Miyanaga, “A Design of High-Throughput LDPC Min-Sum Decoder Using Parallelization,” Joint Conference of Electrical, Electronics and Information Engineers in Hokkaido, pp. 102-103, Oct. 2017 (in Japanese).
Assoc. Prof. Tsutsui received IEICE System and Signal Processing Subsociety Contribution Award for contribution as one of the Workshop on Circuits and Systems Directors. The ceremony was held at the banquet venue of the 30th Workshop on Circuits and Systems, which was held at RIHGA Royal Hotel Kokura, Kitakyushu.
Assoc. Prof. Tsutsui received IEICE ESS Contribution Award (Society Steering) for contribution as Director, Service Activities, IEICE-ESS. The ceremony was held at the IEICE Society Conference, which was held at Hokkaido University.
Mr. Seijiro Imai won IEICE Young Researcher’s Award for the following presentation at IEICE Society Conference. The award ceremony was held on Mar. 17 during IEICE General Conference at Kyushu University Ito Campus.
- Seijiro Imai, Dabwitso Kasauka, Takashi Imagawa, Hiroshi Tsutsui, Hiroyuki Okuhata, Yoshikazu Miyanaga, “Computational Cost Reduction of Iterative Shrinkage Smoothing Based Image Enhancement,” IEICE Society Conference, p. 144, A-20-4, Sep. 2015 (in Japanese).
Mr. Aoki, a 2nd-year master student, won one of the best presentation awards at IEICE Hokkaido Section Student Council Internet Symposium 2016 for the following presentation.
- Hikaru Aoki, Takashi Imagawa, Hiroshi Tsutsui, Yoshikazu Miyanaga, “An Evaluation of Data Traffic Reduction for 3D Reconstruction Using a Wireless Network Camera System,” Proceedings of IEICE Hokkaido Section Student Council Internet Symposium, Feb. 2016 (in Japanese).