Ei Ei Tun was awarded ICEAST 2018 Best Paper Award for the following paper.
- Ei Ei Tun, Supavadee Aramvith, Yoshikazu Miyanaga, “Feature Reduction on Fuzzy SVM-Based Coding Unit Decision in HEVC,” Proceedings of International Conference on Engineering, Applied Sciences and Technology (ICEAST 2018), pp. 999-1002, Track 4 (Telecommunications, Computer Science, Instrumentation and Control, Electrical and Electronic Engineering), Jul. 2018.
On June 26, we held a farewell Jingiskan party for Mr. Chen Sovann.
On 11th May, we invited Dr. Nikos Kopidakis, Ms. Yoko Kaitani (Both from Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia) for a lecture about Macquarie University focusing on their cotutelle and double degree programs.
On May 10, we held a welcome party for new members (Mr. Jie Li, Ms. Yunzhe Wang, and Ms. Nutkrita Ritruk) and also as the farewell party for Ms. Ei Ei Tun.
Today, we participated “Campus Clean Day” of Hokkaido University.
From Rajamangala University of Technology Thanyaburi, Thailand, Prof. Keeratiburt Kanchanasatian and Prof. Chutima Prasartkaew are visiting our laboratory.
We held a farewell party on March 13.
Dr. Ying He and Dr. Negin Shariati Moghadam from University of Technology Sydney (UTS) are now visiting our university. On Feb. 27, we had a technical meeting with them. The following students made their presentations to introduce our research activities.
- D2 Myat Hsu Aung
- JICA Trainee Ei Ei Tun
On Feb. 19, four undergraduate students made presentations of the following bachelor’s theses.
- Mariko Hirayama, An Evaluation of Symbol Synchronization with Measured Data Using Eye-pattern Based Offset Detection and Mueller-Muller Timing Recovery, Department of Electronics and Information Engineering, Hokkaido University, Bachelor’s Thesis, Feb. 2018.
- Yunako Katagishi, A Feasibility Study of Side Information Compression Approach for Adaptive Block Based Lossless Compression Method, Department of Electronics and Information Engineering, Hokkaido University, Bachelor’s Thesis, Feb. 2018.
- Riku Takanashi, A Design of Neural Network for Speech Emotion Recognition Using Phoneme Information and Fundamental Frequency, Department of Electronics and Information Engineering, Hokkaido University, Bachelor’s Thesis, Feb. 2018.
- Mayuka Gomi, Screen Area Detection from Presentation Video Sequences Acquired by Action Camcorders and Its Distortion Correction Using Affine Transformation, Department of Electronics and Information Engineering, Hokkaido University, Bachelor’s Thesis, Feb. 2018.
On February 7 (Wed), I introduced our course, Course of Media and Network Technologies, to first-year undergraduate students as one laboratory of our course.